FOUNDER of PALS
Jenny Kirschner has over 20 years of experience in the healthcare and pharmacy sector. She has worked as a clinical and retail pharmacist, a health coach for lifestyle modification programs and as a National Health Services Pharmacist delivering impactful and innovative health programs.
Driven by her knowledge of the psychological and physical health effects of loneliness, Jenny is focused on educating the pharmacy industry.
Jenny is an advisory group member for Connecting Communities to Care, a
4-year social prescribing pilot aimed at reducing social isolation in older people in Melbourne. This is a collaboration between Bolton Clarke Research Institute, Alfred Health and South East Melbourne Primary Health Network (SEMPHN).
Jenny is also the Australian ambassador for the International Social Prescribing Pharmacy Association (ISPPA).
It’s time to prioritise our friendships like our life depends on it
– because it does!
“Through her connection to Monash’s Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (Jenny) is conducting presentations to staff and pharmacy students to help them improve their own health literacy in the science of loneliness.
Her longer-term goal is for an in-depth understanding of the health effects associated with loneliness and social isolation, and how to address them, to become an intrinsic part of pharmacy practice across Australia.”
– Monash University Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Upskill pharmacists to understand the health impacts of loneliness
- Support implementation of screening services that improve early recognition of loneliness
- Utilise social support to reduce loneliness and enhance the quality use of medications
- Build community awareness to reduce the stigma of loneliness
- Empower the use of Social Prescribing principals